What is the PCB made of？
We all know PCB is printed circuit boards, which is an essential part of electronic products. But do you now what is PCB made of? Basically, PCB is formed by four essential parts: base substrate, cooper foil, solder resist, surface treatment and silkscreen.
Get a free quote now!
Preparation before PCB manufacturing
When the PCB factory receives the data, can you start the manufacturing directly? Of course not. The PCB engineering designer needs to optimize customers’ data with CAD, Genesis2000 and other software, then make them into production files that fit our company. Primary engineering drawing data is shown below, and production fixtures need to be prepared:
PCB manufacturing process
Someone is wrong if he thinks the PCB manufacturing process is not complex. Just take a look at the following technologies involved in it.
The process flow of boards with different structures is also different, but the PCB manufacturing process can be roughly divided into the following steps:
1. Rigid PCB manufacturing process
1. PCB manufacturing Process flow of the double-sided board
Copper clad plate (CCL) cutting → drilling holes → through hole copper plating (PTH) → whole panel plating → pattern transfer ink or dry film → pattern plating → etching → semi-inspection IQC → screen printing solder resist ink and character ink (SS) or paste solder resist dry film → hot air levelling or tin spraying (HAL) or immersion gold ( ENIG ) → outline routing (Pounching) → finished product inspection (FQC) → electrical test E-TEST → packaging.
2. Multi-layer board manufacturing process flow
Copper foil cutting of inner layer copper clad plate (CCL) → inner-layer pattern making → inner-layer Etch → inner-layer black oxide → lamination or pressing process → drilling → copper deposition (PTH) → panel plating → outer-layer Etch → semi-inspection IQC → silk screen solder resist ink and character ink (SS) Or paste dry film of resistance welding → hot air levelling or tin spraying (HAL) or immersion gold ( ENIG ) → appearance (Pounching) → finished product inspection (FQC) → electrical test E-TEST → packaging
2. Flex PCB manufacturing process
1. Common double-sided FPC processMaterial cutting → drilling → PTH → electroplating → pretreatment → dry film pasting → alignment → exposure → development → graphic electroplating → coating cover layer → pressing → curing → surface treatment → silkcreen printing → cutting → electrical testing → punching → final inspection → packaging → shipment
2. Simple single-sided FPC processMaterial cutting → pretreatment → dry film pasting → alignment → exposure → development → graphic electroplating → coating cover layer → pressing → curing → surface treatment → silkcreen printing → cutting → electrical testing → punching → final inspection → packaging → shipment
3. Multilayer FPC process
Get an Instant Online Quote Today
Your Trusted Partner for PCB Fabrication, Component Sourcing & PCB Assembly
Definition and explanation of each process
People from our industry may not familiar with all the glossary in PCB manufacturing process. Here we would like to explain more about these terms.
Get an Instant Online Quote Today
Viasion Technology is your trusted partner & one-stop shop for PCB fabrication, components sourcing, PCB assembly and electronic manufacturing. With more than 16 years of experience, we have been supplying high-quality PCBs with competitive pricing for 1000+ customers worldwide. Our company is ISO9001:2015 Certified & UL Listed, and all our products are 100% E-tested and inspected by AOI & X-RAY to meet the highest industry standards. So please get an instant quote from our sales team now, and we will take care of the rest.